Friday, March 8, 2013

First 7 Quick Takes Friday!

~ 1 ~

This is my first "7 Quick Takes Friday" as I am still relatively new to the blogging world. I have also spent quite a lot of time this week reading through Jennifer's blog, loving the conversion story from atheist to Catholic. I just love conversion stories! But I've also spent time this week trying to get the hang of the 7QTF :)
 

~ 2 ~

I am home sick from work today. I thought that my friends--water, sleep, and Airborne--were keeping my cold at bay, but boy was I wrong! After being lethargic all day at work on Thursday, I was even more frustrated that I wasn't sleepy at all last night. I went to bed around 8:30, but literally stared at the ceiling for almost 4 full hours, coughing, unable to breathe through my right nostril, and feeling the head cold travel to my ears. My dear, dear husband ran to the store at midnight to get me some nighttime cold medicine. What a saint! I slept soundly until 9:00 this morning. Lessons learned: don't be afraid to ask for help, and take it easy when you feel the cold coming on.
 

~ 3 ~

Big news today: the Cardinals have set a date for the Conclave!! Tuesday, March 12!! Ever since our dear Pope Emeritus announced his resignation back in February, I have had a certain Christmas song stuck in my head: "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." You see, my birthday is on March 13 so I keep singing, "All I want for my birthday is a white puff of smoke"! Now that the Conclave date has been established, the day before my birthday, I know it might be a long shot, but a possibility nonetheless!
 

~ 4 ~

In Montana, it's a pretty big deal when you can have nice weather in March... and by nice weather, I mean mostly sunny, not windy, and with temperatures in the 40s. That's exactly what we will have today, tomorrow, and most of Sunday. I always seem to get sick when the weather is great! I will just live vicariously outdoors through a few of my warm-looking photos.

 
 

~ 5 ~

I read this story today about a 16-year-old girl named Cassidy. This beautiful soul was born without eyes and a nose. It made me think of a couple things. For one, yes unfortunately this girl would have been a probable candidate for an abortion, and I thank God that her life was spared. It just amazes me that a child is a candidate for the death penalty because he or she is not physically "perfect" as we think they should be. For two, I was really moved by the fact that she said (because she goes to a blind school), "Mom, everyone here is blind, so I'm normal." Is this not how we should look at our fellow brothers and sisters? Without our organ-eyes which can only see the body, the shell of a person, and instead use our soul-eyes to see the souls of others? To see the beauty, the worth, the Divine, and the dignity inside each person? Our organ-eyes have a lot to learn from our soul-eyes on how to look at the whole world.
 

~ 6 ~

I'm pretty excited to think that I might get a few views on by blog today! The only place that I share my blog is on my personal Facebook page, so the incoming traffic stays pretty small and consistent. This is my first big step in connecting with other bloggers! So "HELLO" to you all!
 

 ~ 7 ~

It took me about 2 hours to get this blog published. Not because I didn't have anything to say, but because my computer AND internet are running ridiculously slow today! Learning patience with technology can be very trying. What is even more trying is the humility you feel once you realize how insignificant our "first world problems" are.



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first 7takes blog! I don't advertise my blog much either. I have had the lingering cold (complicated by toddler provided mono). Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Feel better! I don't have children (yet) but while I have been laying around today wallowing in my own sickness, I had some deep admiration for mothers who are sick. I hope to be that Supermom someday :)

      Delete
  2. I did my first Quick Takes today, too! I enjoyed your thoughts in #5. I agree that many times our organ eyes cloud the true beauty that is around us. Praying that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope to make the Quick Takes a weekly thing. God bless!

      Delete